10 Qs with Tori Darke.
10 September 2012
1. What is your earliest memory of music or being interested in music?
I have sung since i was a little girl and my earliest memory of being interested in music was as a 3 year old singing along to my parents rock & rock classics and doing my first dance performance
at the Parramatta Riverside Theatre to Elton John's Crocodile Rock.
2. Who would you most like to sing a duet with?
That's easy, my all time dream would be to sing a duet with the one and only Keith Urban
3. How would you describe the music/songs you write and sing?
My music would be best described as modern country pop. The style of songs I write would be a similar comparison to Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum & Taylor Swift.
4. Do you have an embarassing/funny musical experience you can share with us?
Towards the end of 2011, I was opening for McAlister Kemp at the Macksville Services Club, I was half way through my last song when the PA System caught on fire and partially blew up. At first
I thought it was a smoke machine but then everyone in the audience started calling out that the PA was in fact on fire.......hence my last song got lost in smoke!!!
5. What other interests do you have away from music?
Just like most girls, i love to shop, I go to the gym most days and I love spending time with my friends & Family and my little puppy Beau.
6. What is your career highlight, so far and why?
My career highlight so far was the release of my debut album ' Dreams & Chances' in March last year, this was something I had dreamt of nearly all my life,
to be a recording artist and it was amazing to have my dream finally come true and have my music released to the public and to actually see it in the record stores.
7. What can fans expect at a Tori Darke live show?At my live shows, I really like to promote my original music and share my songs with my audience, however I do like to mix it up a bit, so I like to throw in a mixture of a few covers. Occasionally I will do a couple of acoustic songs, as i find my fans love to see the raw side of me. I work very hard in trying to ensure that my next show is always better than the one before.
8. What music are you listening to at the moment?
Carrie Underwood's new album "Blown Away', can't get enough of it, it is on repeat in my car wherever I travel.
9. If you could invite any three people to dinner, who would they be?This is a very hard question as there are so many people who have influenced me throughout my life that I would love to be given the opportunity to have dinner with.
I would definitely say Keith Urban would be on the top of my list as Keith has been an inspiration to so many aspiring country artists and he has shown us that dreams can come true if you work hard and believe in yourself - you can achieve your dreams. Dolly Parton who I think is just simply amazing and the very talented Carrie Underwood who I aspire to be like.
10. What's next on the agenda for Tori Darke?
Well I am very excited to be able to announce that I will actually be heading overseas in a few weeks to perform for the Troops in the Solomon Islands. I have just released my 4th single off 'Dreams & Chances' so lots of radio interviews coming up and more songwriting in preparation for the new album. I have a couple of festivals coming up, the Bundaberg Berfestabull on 23rd September and Mud Bulls & Music on the first weekend in November, a few other gigs between now and the end of the year and possibly heading into the studio to do a little recording also towards the end of the year.
I am also very happy to say that all my songs release to date have all made the Top 20 with 4 of my 7 released making Top 10 on the Country Tracks Top 30 and CMC. My current single 'Cut Me Loose' released to radio last month is climbing up the charts nicely and has just entered the CMC Top 50 charts at # 41 and has climbed into the # 38 spot on Qld's Hot Country Top 30.
Think this pretty much covers everything.
Sounds like you're going to be quite busy Tori, so we better let you get back to it! Thank you for taking the time and talking with 'Country All Over'.
To stay up to date with all the latest news from Tori Darke, be sure to bookmark Tori's website below: