27 November 2012
1. What is your earliest memory of music or being interested in music?
I have always loved music, for as long as I can remember. My mum told me that when I was four I used to tell everyone I was going to be a singer. I first got on stage at the age of 11, singing the Gina Jeffreys’ hit 'Girls Night Out.'
2. Who would you most like to sing a duet with?
Emmylou Harris or LeAnn Wowmack would have to be two if I had to pick, however the list goes on!
3. How would you describe the music/songs you write and sing?
Honest and with reason. I love to sing songs that hold a story and that people can relate to. They also have to have an interesting melody, something you can sing along to on the car stereo when no one is watching.
4. Do you have an embarrassing/funny musical experience you can share with us?
I'm sure I have plenty, but none come to mind at the moment. I think I fell down some stairs at an awards ceremony in my talent quest days, but maybe that was a bad dream :)
5. What other interests do you have away from music?
Coffee... I love GREAT coffee. I am into alternate brewing and roasting of coffee beans.
6. What is your career highlight, so far and why?
Not a year goes by without having a new highlight, but being nominated for 2 Golden Guitars this year would have to be the highlight to date. I’m still smiling.
7. What can fans expect at a Kristy Cox live show?
Great music and a good time. They should expect to get to know the real me, I’m a very honest performer and I’m not afraid to share a lot about myself on stage.
8. What music are you listening to at the moment?
Jamie Johnston’s new album… I can’t turn it off! The duet with Merle Haggard singing 'I Fall to Pieces' is the perfect way to start every car ride.
9. If you could invite any three people to dinner, who would they be?
This is a hard one.. Slim Dusty, so I can hear his stories of life on the road. LeAnn Womack, so she can sing for us and My Great Grandad Fred, as now I’m a bit older, I could pick his brain about my family history and hear about his life.
10. What's next on the agenda for Kristy Cox?
Starting to look at recording a new album and heading back to the USA in the early New Year. I hope to tour Australia, USA and Europe in the New Year.
Keep up to date with all the news from Kristy via her website: www.kristycox.com