10 Qs with Kaylee
2 October 2012
1. What is your earliest memory of music or being interested in music?
2. Who would you most like to sing a duet with?
Gary LeVox from Rascal Flatts.
3. What advice would you give anyone considering a career in the music industry?
If it’s what you love doing then go for it and never give up.
4. Do you have an embarrassing / funny musical experience you can share with us?
Yes, when we played at CMC Rocks the Snowys in 2012, we sang “White Liar” by Miranda Lambert and we planned for me to throw a bouquet into the crowd at the end of the song. Well I turned around to throw it to the fans standing in the front row, instead it went up to the roof of the stage, got caught on the lights and landed in the dirt behind the fence where no one could catch it. Since then I have been working on my throwing skills.
5. What other interests do you have away from music?
I love children. My day job is a childcare teacher and I love every minute of it. The kids make me laugh and it is so rewarding to be a part of their learning development and to help them grow. I’m lucky to have two jobs that I love.
6. What is your career highlight, so far?
Supporting The McClymonts recently. I have always been a big McClymonts fan and it was such an awesome opportunity to open for their show and to meet the girls.
7. What music are you listening to at the moment?
Travis Collins new album! Also Coldplay and Nickleback as I am seeing them in concert soon!
8. What is your favourite film?
9. If you could invite 3 people to dinner who would they be?
Gary LeVox, Natalie Maines and Leonardo DiCaprio.
10. What is next on the agenda for Kaylee and Kaylens Rain?
Next on the agenda is to release our debut album “FOUND” and work hard at it and have lots of fun!