10 Qs with Aleyce Simmonds
28 August 2012
1. What is your earliest memory of music or being interested in music?
I played the triangle at Timbertown in Wauchope, near where I grew up.. I had a mullet and I was wearing overalls.. I knew I was destined to be a country singer… joke!
2. Who would you most like to sing a duet with?
3. What advice would you give to anyone considering a career in the music industry?
Be prepared for real hard work and really hard knocks!!! It’s not for the faint hearted, but the good bits are the best things ever! BELIEVE!
4. Do you have an embarassing/funny musical experience you can share with us?
Yes.. my first music video, Mighty Mighty Love.. I look like I’m trying to morph some kind of flying creature!
5. What other interests do you have away from music?
Reading, nice wine, coffee.
6. What is your career highlight, so far?
Having 3 Golden Guitar nominations.
7. What music are you listening to at the moment?
Sara Bareilles, Rick Price, Morgan Evans, Buffalo
8. What’s your favourite movie?
Remember The Titans, The Longest Yard
9. If you could invite any three people to dinner, who would they be?
Mum, Dad and my sister Sarah (My other sister, Karlee, already lives with me!)
10. What’s next on the agenda for Aleyce Simmonds?
Writing my new album!! Recording in a few months and releasing!! Exciting!
Exciting indeed! We can't wait for that! Keep us in the loop Aleyce and thank you for talking with Country All Over.
Be sure to check out Aleyce's web page, myspace and her new single - BONDWOOD BOAT. Details below: